Jackson County Courthouse - McKee, Ky.

Believe it or not, this was not the first time I've been to McKee. It's a quaint little town, but something seemed different this time. Then I realized that the building you can see in the background on the right is brand new. It appears to me to be a new courthouse building, and the last time I was here I'm pretty sure it was a parking lot.
Much has changed since I was here two years ago. At that time, the courthouse contained the Ten Commandments (which have since been removed following a federal lawsuit), and the proceedings were overseen by Judge R. Cletus Maricle (who was recently arrested by the FBI for some alleged RICO violations).
The courthouse you see here was built in 1950.

BONUS PIC FOR PETER - As mentioned above, McKee was most recently in the news when the Ten Commandments were removed from the courthouse after a federal lawsuit was filed. As a result, the Ten Commandments are EVERYWHERE in Jackson County, including this monument on private property just off the courthouse square.

Comments